1) WatermelonThe watermelon is your go-to fruit for weight loss. It’s high in water content (90%) and a 100g serving just contains 30 calories. They’re also a rich source of amino acids called arginine which helps burn fat. The best thing about watermelon, however, is the fact that not only does it keep you hydrated, it will also keep you satiated for a long time which will lead to less unhealthy snacking. Read more about the health benefits of watermelons.
2) GuavaThe guava was brought to India by the Portuguese and is packed with immense health benefits. High in fibre, it’s another potent weight loss aid thanks to the fact that its glycemic index is low, making it perfect for diabetics as well. Along with that, it keeps our bowel movements prim and proper which aids the overall weight loss process.
3) AppleWhat if we told you that there was a fruit that could reduce your cancer risk, keep your heart healthy, make your teeth whiter, boost your immune system and even beat diarrhoea and constipation? Well the apple’s the one. If you’re on a weight loss diet, then you certainly need the apple in your dietary repertoire. One medium-sized apple contains around 50 calories and doesn’t have any fat or sodium. In fact, a Brazilian study found that women who ate apples before their meals lost 33% more fruits than those who didn’t eat them! Read more about the health benefits of apples.
4) BananaPacking 105 calories, per piece, the average banana is an excellent source of instant energy and the perfect post-workout food. They’re also healthier than packaged post-workout snacks like energy bars which are just chocolate bars masquerading as ‘healthy’ options. It also helps beat muscle cramps, keeps your BP in check, prevents acidity and even beats constipation.
5) PearThe pear fulfils one quarter of your daily fibre requirement and is great for your digestive system. It also helps reduce cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of coronary heart diseases and type II diabetes. The fibre content keeps you satiated for longer than normal and the fruit also packs a mean punch thanks to the fact that it’s rich in Vitamin C.
6) OrangesNot only is the orange great to taste, 100g of this fruit only contains 47 calories which is great for someone looking for a snack while trying to follow a strict diet. It’s also sweet which will help take care of the cravings every dieter has for something sweet!
7) TomatoesYeah, tomatoes are fruits not vegetables and they’re a Godsend for your weight loss battle. They’re delicious, full of antioxidants and reduce water retention. They also reverse leptin resistance, for those not in the known, leptin’s a type of protein which prevents our body from losing weight, thus tomatoes are the perfect ally. Just keep in mind that ketchup – which is loaded with synthetic stuff and sugars – don’t count as tomatoes.