Zingy Orange Sorbet Recipe
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225ml Water
- 4 Oranges, Juiced (plus grated rind from 2)
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Wash and dry the oranges.
- Grate the rind off two of the oranges and set aside.
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat up.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the rind to the mixture and leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the orange and lemon juice to the pan, remove from the heat and strain to remove the rind.
- Place the mixture into your ice cream/sorbet maker and leave to churn for 30 minutes or until the required consistency is achieved.
- Serve in generous scoops.
Note: If making in advance, you will need to leave the frozen sorbet to defrost for 20-30 minutes before it is soft enough to serve.
How to Make Sorbet In the Freezer
You don't need an ice cream maker to make sorbet, but the texture of the finished sorbet will not be as smooth without one. Place the mixture in a container and pop it in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Mix the sorbet regularly with a fork as it freezes, or process it in a food processor once frozen.