1. DATES AND ALMONDSOne way to trick your sweet tooth is to combine some unexpected foods together! Take dates, for instance: they’re small, sweet and packed with nutrients. Almonds contain healthy fats, have a great crunch and go great with just about anything. Pair these two snacks together and you’ve got the perfect combo of sweet and crunchy that’s sure to satisfy!
2. SORBETSorbets are nothing new as far as healthy snacks go, but I really don’t think they get enough recognition! In fact, they make the perfect summer dessert or snack because they’re light, refreshing and come in so many flavors. Even if you’re a die-hard ice cream fan, there are rich and creamy sorbets that are totally worth a try!
3. DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT WATERBefore you turn your nose up at this snack suggestion, hear me out! Coconut water is a really nutritious drink that contains lots of potassium, which is essential for proper hydration. Some #people love the flavor of it, I personally don’t. However, once I tried Zico’s dark chocolate flavored coconut water, I was a total convert! It’s chocolaty without being overly thick or heavy and you’re getting a dose of electrolytes!
4. DRESSED-UP YOGURTYogurt makes a healthy snack but what makes it even better is when you dress it up with some delicious extras! Take plain or flavored yogurt and add chopped nuts, coconut flakes and cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips and you’ve got a healthy and nutritious snack that will totally fool your taste buds into thinking you had something sinful! Imagine how delish raspberry yogurt with dark chocolate chips would taste?!
5. SMOOTHIESmoothies make a fab healthy snack or meal replacement. The great thing about it is that you can easily customize your drink and you can add veggies like kale or spinach, and you totally can’t tell! You can create so many different flavors by adding nutritious and tasty ingredients like yogurt, #almond butter, fruits, veggies or even avocado to make it thick and creamy!
6. YOGURT-DIPPED FRUIT
I’m a roll with the yogurt snacks but I promise this is the last one! A fun way to enjoy fruits is to dip them in yogurt and stick them in the freezer until the yogurt freezes. It’s sweet, delicious and you’re getting the vitamins and nutrients from the yogurt and fruit! Sliced bananas, strawberries, grapes and apples make great choices!
7. TEAYou probably think I’m crazy for suggesting tea as a sweet craving, right?! You just have to make it right and it can be a satisfying sweet treat! There are tons of #different types of teas out there, just go down the tea aisle at any grocery store and you’ll see oodles of different flavors. Pick a naturally sweet tea or sweeten your tea with honey or stevia. You can even add #almond milk if you like. Adding milk or sweetener makes a huge different and it tastes like a gourmet drink! Slowing sipping hot tea is calming, nutritious and it tastes great!
8. HOT CHOCOLATEHot chocolate isn’t necessarily a healthy snack, but it’s a great way to get rid of those stubborn sweet cravings! Make your own at home in your favorite mug and top it off with a light whipped cream. If you want a more decadent drink, get one at a coffee shop; just make sure you keep the serving small. If you’re not into hot cocoa, get a small non-fat latte and savor the flavor!
9. NUT BUTTER & JELLYWho says you can’t enjoy a nice PB&J while still eating healthy?! Choose an all-natural nut butter and fruit spread, and enjoy it on one slice of healthy sprouted bread or whole grain bread of your choice. Now you’ve got a simple and scrumptious healthy snack that you can eat on the run or while relaxing at home!
10. BANANAS WITH CINNAMON AND HONEYCinnamon and honey can make just about any food better. Bananas are already naturally sweet, but if you want something a little more dessert-like, drizzle some honey and sprinkle some cinnamon on the banana slices for a sweet, creamy and easy-to-prepare snack. Almost all homes have a supply of fruit, cinnamon and honey so you can easily make this when cravings strike!
11. COCOA DUSTED ALMONDS