Monday 23 May 2016

New Life After Losing Weight – Dealing With a New Slim Body

When you lose weight, you may (and probably will) have different likes in certain things than you ever did before you lost the weight. These different likes mostly pertain to certain clothing, or even certain lifestyle activities such as going out to bars and drinking, or going out to fast food restaurants. All of these new changes can take a toll on your life and can even cause you to forget who you are. But that’s okay, and it’s nothing out of the ordinary. All you have to do is just start over again, basically from square one, and it may seem hard at first, but it is doable.
In reality, you are a brand new person. People who lose weight might forget who they are sometimes because they’re now able to dress differently, and even wear anything they want, unlike before they lost the weight when their choices were more limited. They may get compliments they never heard before, and may or may not know what to do with them, or how to take them. Most importantly, they’re now making healthychoices that they never did before. So, this in itself takes a big toll. But, it’s a good toll!
You have to learn how to handle it. It takes time and practice of course, but eventually you get there, and you learn how to find your old self in your new skin, just with different likes than you had before. It’s important not to lose yourself completely after you lose weight, because that can happen. I know that can happen because it almost happened to me. When I lost weight, (going from 225 pounds down to 159 pounds) I didn’t know who I was anymore. I was finally skinny for once, and could wear whatever I wanted! So with that being said, I thought I was able to BE anyone I wanted! Anyone but my old self at that. Why would I ever want to be her again? That was my one mistake when I lost the weight.
So, what does this all mean? Well, all my life before my weight loss I was always kind of hidden from the crowd. I never wanted to be seen either, because I was never confident in my body size, or even my looks. I was always that girl who was “friends” with the popular and beautiful girls, but I was never ONE of them. No one really knew who I was. So when I finally lost the weight, and the attention was all on me for once, I didn’t handle it in the best way. I actually didn’t know how to handle it at all. I acted like someone who I wasn’t, just because I never had the chance to be that kind of person.
For some reason, I thought I was supposed to act that way since I was now one of the thin girls. I thought my personality was supposed to match my looks, but it didn’t. And that way of thinking is really stupid actually, but at the time, that is what I thought. Later on, I did realize that’s not how I was supposed to live, and I am lucky that I figured it out. For a while, I was being the girl I thought everyone expected and wanted me to be. I was now pretty and looked good, so I thought I was supposed to “act the part” and play “hard to get” with all the guys. In reality, I’m actually not even into guys but that’s another matter in itself!
It was a stupid idea to act in that way and I was miserable doing it. I didn’t understand when I was out at the bar and looking GREAT, why I was feeling so miserable inside. This happened for a while and even though I was LOOKING great, I wasn’t FEELING great at all. That was the one thing I needed to fix. I also thought I was supposed to dress how everyone expected me to dress, instead of wearing what I liked. I guess I went through a lot with my weight loss, and maybe not everyone necessarily deals with hardships like what I’ve been through but I’m sure some people do and that I’m not the only one.
Who I really am is a person who was never into any of that girly stuff, or looking girly either. I was always the tomboy and the sporty girl. I’m fun and I make people laugh but when I had my new body, I thought all of these other things were unattractive, or “unfit” for the new person that I was, so I tried to do away with them.
In losing the weight I almost lost myself and that was one of the scariest things ever. I don’t want that happening to anyone else out there and if it does, then I just hope that this article can provide some help to keep the perspective on your old self, as well as dealing with your new one. It’s important to know that it is completely normal if this does happen to you. But luckily, I did re-find myself. Now I am more comfortable and confident than ever! I just want people to know that no matter how sexy the clothes you wear, how hot you look, how beautiful you are, or how many compliments and attention you get, make sure to never lose that special person who was in your old skin, before you lost all the weight, because THAT person is so very special!





Source

8 comments:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.อาหารเสริมเพิ่มนำ้หนัก

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    customerhealthguide

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.
    dietsinreview.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    expertratedreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response.
    Weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much.
    healthguidereviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. My process of extremely fast weight loss begun with this helpful system
    https://leanbellybreakthrough1.club
    I lost almost 7 pounds of pure body fat in just first week!
    Whether you want to lose weight and make your belly, legs, butt, hips and face more beautiful and slimmer it's the best way to lose weight quickly without diet pills or hard exercise.
    This method is easier than you think, just try it!

    ReplyDelete